Temp - Perm
Full Time, 8am-4:30pm (Mon-Thurs) and 8am-3:30pm (Fri)
Manufacturing & FMCG
11th Dec 2018
Are you an experienced Vertical Borer who would enjoy working on specialist products at a unique and professional company? Our client, who has been operating in the sheet metal industry for a number of years and has become a well established manufacturer, are looking for a Vertical Borer to join their busy department.
The working hours are 8am-4:30pm (Mon – Thurs) and 8am-3:30pm on a Friday.
The Job Role:
- Must have experience of setting and operating vertical borers
- The machining of flanges, therefore this would be predominantly machining the face, edge and bore
- Setting and operating a range of radial drills – from 3’ 6” to 10’ capacity
- The setting of Pitch Circle Diameters (PCD), for flange drilling and tapping, using a rotary table.
- Setting both feeds and speeds of radial drills
- Understanding and interpreting conventional drawings
The current machines used are Webster & Bennett 62” diameter table machines. There are not tight tolerances on the machine finishes, the tolerances normally are within +/-1mm rather than +/- 0.1mm. Also, this machining is not high precision and could be described as ‘roughing’ work prior to the final precision cuts being made.
Experience / Requirements:
- You must be an experienced Vertical Borer
- You will take pride in your work and ensure that each product meets standards
- The ability to work to deadlines in a team environment is essential
- Must be able to understand / interpret conventional drawings
- Must be conversant with the setting of Pitch Circle Diameters (PCD), for flange drilling and tapping, using a rotary table
- Must be able to set and operate with minimum supervision, therefore must be experienced in setting both feeds and speeds of radial drills
Apply Now >