IT Support Analyst
Temp - Perm
Up to £25,000
Full Time, 8.45am-5pm Monday - Thursday and 8.45pm-4pm Fridays
7th Dec 2018
A brand new opportunity has become available for a IT Support / Analyst to work for a reputable training provider located near St Pauls Square, Birmingham. This is a temporary contract looking to last approximately 3 months, working full time Monday - Thursday 8.45am-5pm and Fridays 8.45am-4pm. The main purpose of the role is to initially audit and then implement new IT procedures to improve the companies IT infrastructure.
The Job Role:
- To initially complete a full IT audit to make recommendations / action plans
- Co-ordinating/facilitating IT server and system upgrades and changes
- Upgrade / changes to include the IT infrastructure and network equipment, along with all systems, servers, desktops, security, dropbox, email hosting and website hosting
- Main IT technical contact for deployment of the office systems
- Managing and streamlining general office software packages.
- Troubleshooting of various IT systems and network issues along with developing network maps
- Coordinating network upgrades
- Providing required support for IT security initiatives
- Being first point of escalation for IT Incidents, Problem Management and Desktop requirements
- Managing primarily Apple Mac systems and occasional windows systems / machines
- Approving access to operational Share Drives
- Sourcing a project management system
- Occasional off-shift/weekend work installing/upgrading IT infrastructure equipment maybe required
- Temporary contract at least 3 months, Up to £25,000 per annum depending on experience, Monday - Thursday 8.45am-5pm and Fridays 8.45am-4pm
Experience / Requirements:
- Ideally two years experience working within an IT environment completing IT Audits and implementing IT Server and system upgrades and changes
- Experience working with Mac operating system
- Experience with a variety of other operating systems and hardware platforms (Linux, Android, PLC, VMWare, NAS, etc.
- Project Management experience would be ideal
- Good planning & organizing skills
- Excellent troubleshooting skills on diverse problem sets.
- Willingness to learn and work with new and unique systems.
- Very good oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
Apply Now >