1st Line Support / IT Assistant
Hours of work: Monday to Friday 08:30 – 16:30
Length of Contract: Temp to perm
To support the IT team in providing a comprehensive IT service to enable the company to meet its corporate objectives and business targets.
As 1st Line Support/IT Assistant, you’ll be responsible for maintaining the company’s IT network, servers, client devices and security systems, including investigating, diagnosing and resolving network, server, client devices and software problems, collecting IT usage stats, making recommendations for improving the company’s IT systems and carrying out routine configuration and installation of IT solutions.
- To provide a range of administrative and clerical services to support the IT Department within the Group of Companies
- Maintain staff accounts for email, business systems and network
- Install and maintain hardware such as PC’s, Laptops and Printers
- 1st line Helpdesk Support for all hardware and software issues
- To create and prepare reports as required on a range of issues
- Ensure security patches/updates are applied to all Operating Systems and Software Applications
- To undertake project work as assigned by the IT Manager
- Liaise with 3rd party support
- Reliable and punctual
- Good communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team
- HNC in Computing or similar/higher qualification
- Experience in a similar role preferred
- Professional manner
- Friendly and polite manner
- Good do attitude to work
5 GCSE’s grades 7-4/A-C or equivalent including English & math’s.