Proactive Personnel are currently searching for a Maintenance Technician for a well-established, international manufacturing company that works in the food ingredient sector. This is a permanent position based at the company’s factory based in Burton-on-Trent.
Monday – Friday 08:00-16:30 – 37.5 hours.
Maintain and improve production equipment and facilities with scheduled downtime resulting in minimum disruption to production. Including the installation of new equipment and the repair of existing equipment.
• Uphold the company’s Mission Statement, Quality Policy, Values and Beliefs
• Ensure that the facility is maintained and improved as required, including general appearance and routine maintenance
• Ensure that work equipment is maintained and improved as required
• Follow all appropriate change management procedures
• Implement and manage Maintenance Management Systems
• Improve quality through prevention
• Take the lead in driving and managing the engineering performance of the plant
• Manage external contractors, permits, and works
• Manage contractor approval/contractor log and keep licenses up to date
• Check i-auditor on a weekly basis for maintenance requests
• Manage statutory testing using Zurich Crimson online system
• Manage FLT through Toyota i-site online system
• Always adhere to Plant safety practices and procedures.
0 This will include the wearing of Personal Protective Equipment (P.P.E.) supplied by the company as required, or when in the process of doing specific tasks which designate special safety equipment.
• Ensure that job requirements are clear and agreed
• Perform all duties on a “right-first-time” basis
• Ensuring that work completed is done in timely fashion and in accordance with Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) and Recognised and Generally Accepted Good Engineering Practices (RAGAGEP).
• Respond quickly in the event of an emergency, notify appropriate personnel, and follow safety protocol
• Other duties as required
To be competent with the below tasks
• The engineering of new equipment installations, process innovations using cap ex procedures.
• Troubleshooting and fault-finding with system irregularities and failures.
• Interaction with Plant Operators for identification of suggested system faults, and poor system performance.
• Operation of Risk Assessment and Planned Maintenance System.
• Maintenance of legally required certification for all statutory mechanical items.
• Manage statutory inspections, consult with insurance companies and other duties in this area.
• Helping to lead the Continuous Improvement Projects.
• Maintaining a safe and healthy working environment and leading the safety management programmes, including work with the location’s safety teams.
• Budget costs control and development of best value practice for daily maintenance operations.
• Support environmental compliance including implementation and maintenance of Environmental Management Systems.
• Work with the Plant Manager to ensure that GMP, Security Systems, ISO Standards, BRC Standard and Preventative Maintenance Standards are met.
• Train associates on use of newly installed equipment where required
• Experience in technical engineering function – mechanical and/or electrical.
• Minimum of recognised time served industrial apprenticeship or undertaking an industrial apprenticeship
• Experience of working with elevated temperature steam (6 bar, 165°C)
• Experience of working with industrial chemicals – caustic, acids etc.
• H&S awareness including LOLER, PUWER and PSSR
• Welding awareness for issuing of permits
• Ability to make decisions quickly and effectively.
• Communication skills required for project management success.
• Can work independently and support external contractors
• High flexibility to deal with multiple tasks and/or changing tasks
• Flexible: site operators with scheduled downtime but flexibility to work later/ weekends if the job dictates – this will not be regular.
Salary Circa £33,000 plus bonus
25 days holiday plus bank holidays
Plus many more great benefits
If you are interested in this role please apply or call Antony on 0161 661 8000