Proactive Personnel is currently working in partnership with a large business to recruit an electrical engineer to join their growing team & provide turnkey services to the FMCG industry on a straight permanent basis.
The role will involve Installation of Electrical Services, Inspection & Testing, Control Panels, Connection of Process equipment, Commissioning, Inspection Systems and Robot Cells predominantly into the Food Industry, but it could be into any FMCG environment.
Duties will include but limited to;
- Installation of containment services to include ladder, tray, basket, conduit (Galvanised & Stainless Steel)
- Installing LV switchgear, control panels and secondary equipment
- Power and control cabling installation and termination
- Testing and commissioning controls
- To read, understand and modify electrical engineering drawings.
- Record testing result and commissioning details
- Issuing of NIC EIC reports & Certification
- Working as part of a team
- Promptly escalate customer queries to lead or contracts manager
- Occasional out of hours contact
- Following site rule and compliance
- Take reasonable care of your personal safety and the safety of others who may be affected by your acts or omissions (as required by Section 7 of The Health & Safety at Work Act 1974).
- Abide by all applicable Safe Systems of Work deemed appropriate to the work that you are doing.
- Properly use and not abuse any equipment issued to you for the safe execution of your work.
- Adhere to all applicable Site rules as stipulated by the customer owner of any site you may be working on.
- Ensure that supplied PPE is worn correctly and maintained in good order.
- Ask for tasks to be re-assessed where you believe that the method explained is unsafe or unreasonable.
- Report unsafe acts or conditions
Suitable candidates will be required to have the following experience & qualifications as a minimum;
- City & Guilds Electrical Engineering NVQ Level 3
- 18th edition of BS7671
- JIB Gold Card
The role will be based on customers’ sites & you will be provided with a van, fuel card & mobile phone – working 40 hours per week with some flexibility required when necessary
Pay will be £17.30 – £17.70, 1.5x after 40, Sunday/BH double time. When working away is required, you will be given an additional £25 per day, £15 food allowance & hotel rooms all provided.