Job Title: Family Solicitor
Reports to: Family Team Leader
Standard Hours of Work: 40 hours per week
Salary Range (incl. benefits): TBC
Date revised: 3rd October 2022
The solicitor will be responsible for the successful management of a caseload of family/matrimonial matter from inception to conclusion.
- Provide end to end advice and support on a wide range of family law issues
- Draft documents to support advice given
- Ensure cases are progressing in accordance with the firm’s Plan and defined procedures.
- Experience of working in the areas of Divorce, Financial, Unmarried couples & Property Disputes and Children.
- Experience in advising clients in relation to prenuptial, post nuptial, separation and cohabitation agreements
- The job-holder particularly will be expected to maximize their personal billings to achieve appropriate billing performance targets meeting with the income budget/and or forecast for the department
- Managing a caseload as required to achieve the above whilst providing excellent client care
- Regular communication and face to face meetings with clients where necessary
- Act independently when establishing priorities and managing deadlines
- Promote team working
- Effectively deal with complaints through agreed handling processes.
- Daily task list management
- Recognise how to identify potential risks and when to report them to a senior member
- Manage telephone calls and liaise with client and third parties.
- Understand and report on complex legal issues and documentation.
- Ability to produce accurate comprehensive documentation for clients, professional persons and third parties.
- Undertake interdepartmental training where applicable
- Provide relevant content for the organisation’s social media platforms
- To ensure compliance with the SRA Code of Conduct 2011
The Ideal Candidate
- Will have a solid understanding of financial remedies/ family law matters
- Ability to disseminate information from the client to form a clear view and exhibit commercial awareness when thinking on your feet
- Tact, diplomacy, an eye for detail and excellent oral and written communication skills are essential
- Possessing excellent written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail and accuracy skills
- Able to organise and prioritise workload especially under pressure is essential
- Previous experience in managing a case from a case management system (ideally Proclaim)
- Ability work alone using their own initiative
- Experience of working within a paperless office
- Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely manner
- Proven track record in adhering to deadlines and exceeding targets, as well as holding high standards of efficiency and time management
- Able to identify opportunities for improvement and made constructive suggestions for change
- Be self-motivated and able to work with autonomy