Proactive Personnel is proud to be recruiting for a number of Breakdown Mechanics to join the Engineering Team based at our client’s site in Hereford.
UPTO £16.50 per hour
LOTS OF OVERTIME
06.00am to 15.30pm and alternate Saturdays 06.00am – 12.00pm
Breakdown Mechanic Duties
- To attend and carry out roadside repairs and to recover defective or damaged vehicles
- Perform ad-hoc vehicle repairs, investigating and rectifying vehicle defects.
- Ensuring the correct and effective safe use of all tools, and other equipment
- Completion of signed service and inspection records
- Completion of defect reports and associated paperwork to comply with legal requirements.
- Prepare vehicles and trailers for MOT testing
- Maintaining good housekeeping standards carrying out any other duty deemed reasonable by Management
Breakdown Mechanic Requirements
- Minimum of City & Guilds Level 2 in HGV Repair & Maintenance or time-served
- Knowledge of the use and operation of all automotive equipment and testing/troubleshooting equipment
- Previous experience within a similar role is a must have.
- Irtec Licence (preferred)
- Class 1 or 2 (preferred)
You will receive
- 31 days holiday per year
- 2 x Salary Life Assurance
- Retail discounts saving £££
- Discounted Healthcare scheme.
Hours of Work
- WK1 Monday – Thursday 05.30 am – 14.00 pm
- WK2 Tuesday – Friday 13.30 pm – 22.00 pm
- Overtime available