Proactive Personnel are currently searching for an experienced legal secretary / audio typist to join a small but growing business based in Bradford. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is passionate about the work they do, the service they provide and getting the best results for their clients.
The right candidate will currently be working within the legal sector and have fast and accurate typing speeds. They will be passionate about customer service; meticulous, organised and have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Overall Aim of Job
- To provide secretarial and clerical support to all fee earners
- To act as first point of contact for all enquiries.
Duties, tasks and responsibilities
- Working to tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- General secretarial duties including completing court forms, typing of digital dictation, photocopying, scanning, filing, post management, emailing and taking bundles to court.
- Maintenance of diary and case management system – in particular, logging deadlines and notifying fee earners.
- Assisting fee-earners with tasks on request
The ideal candidate
- Excellent typing and audio skills.
- Experience in the legal industry as an audio typist / secretary.
- Preferably will have used digital dictation & case management software (LEAP) but not essential as this will be part of the training.
- Skilled at multi-tasking and prioritising
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal abilities
- Self- motivated and able to work on own initiative
- Well-presented with good people skills.
- Organised and proactive in all aspects of work
- Reliable, punctual and accurate
- Efficient – in the legal setting, there are many important deadlines to meet involving legal documentation that must be accurate and organised appropriately.
- Flexibility and Adaptability
- Must be able to maintain composure and navigate through problems with patience and calmness.
- This role is full time.
- Working hours are Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm with 30 minutes for lunch.
- 20 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Salary depends on experience (£20,000-£25,000)
If you are interested or you would like to know more, please apply or call Antony on 0161 661 8000.