Are you looking for long-term, stable work within a close-knit and friendly team environment? Look no further Proactive Personnel is recruiting a Parts Advisor to work with a busy fleet depot based in Hemel Hempstead.
Our client is looking for someone to get hands on and get involved with all aspects of the Parts department.
The successful Parts Advisor candidate will be expected to work on rotating shift patterns between 7.00 am and 7.00 pm and have the following responsibilities:
Co-ordinate and undertake parts procurement to meet the workshop guidelines and stated priorities.
- Maintenance of sufficient stock items, carrying out stock checks and reordering parts and consumables as required.
- Maintenance of all transactions and issues records, updating the fleet management system.
- Assisting Technicians in identification of technical parts
- Maintaining a library of relevant technical manuals, spare parts catalogues and identifying and assimilating information on new stock items based on demand and obsolete stock;
- Adequate stocks of personal protective equipment and work wear for use across Environmental Services and in accordance with health and safety legislation
- Responsible for all aspects of the Stores section including procurement, disposal of obsolete stock, financial and administrative processes, including verification of goods received and invoice payment.
- Monitor and progress orders and parts requisitions, ensuring achievement of delivery deadlines in order to maximise the efficiency of the workshops. Oversee the receipt and verification of goods/parts for technical suitability and operational condition, ensuring that rejected items are returned to suppliers, maintaining computer records of these processes.
- Ensure that the stores area complies with all legal and Council regulations on health & safety and security. Implement and maintain all new health and safety recommendations.
In return for your skills as a Parts Advisor you will receive
A long-term, ongoing role with potential permanent opportunities for the right candidate.
Competitive pay rate of £12.92 per hour
Sociable working hours between 7am-7pm, Monday to Friday – 37 hours per week.
Sound good? Apply today