Paralegal required for Wills and Probate department in our Oldham office supporting the head of department and associate. This will be a mixed role with responsibility for certain tasks in a case as well as the general administration for the case. Great starting role after completing your law degree and have already gained some paralegal experience.
Your role will include the following, but additional tasks may be added as appropriate for the role:
· To assist in the provision of administrative and legal services for clients.
· Attend clients at hospitals, care homes and in their home as well as our offices.
· Provide friendly contact with clients, including handling new enquiries.
· Produce plain English letters, witness statements, court applications and other documents as required.
· Drafting of Wills and Lasting Powers of Attorney
· Manage professionally and confidentially, written and telephone correspondence with clients, other solicitors and third parties
· To assist where requested the provision of legal advice to clients, under supervision. Take notes in client meetings.
· Continue to develop your legal ability
· Previous experience of working as a Paralegal would be beneficial.
· Able to work to tight deadlines
· Good Microsoft skills particularly word and excel.
· Organised and able to prioritise
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Excellent interpersonal skills
Full-time although part time hours could be considered for the right candidate.
Salary: £20,000.00-£25,000.00 per year
Office based role