We’re looking for an experienced Production Manager to work for a busy manufacturer in the West Bromwich area. The role would be to manage and control the bespoke high volume manufacturing process, ensuring that the finished goods are produced efficiently and to a high level of quality. The successful applicant will also be responsible for implementation and control of continuous improvement measures over the production environment.
The Job Role:
- Overseeing the production process to ensure orders are manufactured on time and in full
- Ensuring production meets the demand required by managing recruitment and training
- Monitoring the efficiency of each process and the overall process
- Making sure that production meets the quality expectations required due to the high value bespoke nature of the product
- Adjusting production schedules as needed improve efficiency if required
- Monitoring products standards and implementing quality control measures.
- Analyse production line performance and implement improvement measures to improve both efficiency and quality.
- Working alongside the maintenance department, implement TPM processes to develop best possible savings.
- Provide on-going support and training to employees on Lean Manufacturing Improvement techniques.
- Manage unforeseen, high-pressure problems effectively, such as machinery breakdowns.
- To Supervise and motivate a team, including supervisors and managers
- Reviewing and managing individual employee performance
- To maximise use of space and resource within the warehouse
- Develop standardised SOP’s and machine guides to better improve quality and efficiency
- Ensure that all processes are completed safely and with relevant authorisation
- Comply with the Health and Safety responsibilities
- Detailed and methodical
- Practical, hands on approach
- Strong communication skills
- Confident and accurate decision maker
- Calm, clear thinker – even when under pressure
- Awareness of manufacturing pressures
The role would include managing 3 Shift Managers and around 40 of their direct reports
The working week would be around 42hours Monday to Friday, the hours are flexible depending on needs of the business as the successful candidate would see fit
Salary £40,000 – £50,000 depending on experience
This role would be a permanent position
Experience / Requirements:
- Experience of managing a manufacturing environment
- Demonstrable CI experience of both implementation and management, preferably alongside a recognised qualification
- Experience of implementing and managing Quality Control measures
- 5 years + of managing people a large team (30 plus)