Proactive Personnel are currently searching for a Regulatory Affairs Scientist for an international food colouring and flavourings manufacturer. Our client specialist in natural products and supplies some of the world’s largest food and drink brands. This position can be based from anywhere in the UK, some travel will be required to their manufacturing sites in the UK and Ireland and potentially further.
Advise the organization on food, pharmaceutical and related regulations, compliance & regulatory strategy affecting the business
Take a leading role in Trade Associations relevant to the business
Prepare and submit regulatory dossiers and other regulatory submissions to support the business.
· Uphold the Company Mission Statement, Quality Policy, Values and Beliefs
· Update the business on relevant changes in food regulations
· Advise the business on regulatory compliance for colours products
· Prepare Safety Data sheets and position statements for products where necessary
· Take the lead in regulatory issues concerning chlorophyll & chlorophyllin products in order to support their regulatory status and extension of use
· Contribute to and represent the Company in external Trade
· Prepare dossiers for key products as required by EFSA, JECFA &other relevant institutions
· Partner with Global Quality, Applications & Innovations, Marketing and Manufacturing by delivering regulatory position to Applications, Innovations or Manufacturing from concept to commercialization.
· Effectively review and provide new ingredient approvals, application assessment, product launches and regulatory troubleshooting.
· Responsible for regulatory integration and portion of item nomination process.
· Vision and Values
· Job Knowledge
· Work Environment/Safety
· Professional Demeanour
· Attention to Detail
· Time Manager & Prioritization
· Decision Making/Judgment
· Batchelor’s degree in related subject essential
· Batchelor’s degree in law/regulatory desirable
· At least 7 years’ experience in related fields with 2 years’ in regulatory roles
· Technical / scientific knowledge in relevant areas
· Full UK Driving licence.
Salary Circa £65k plus bonus
25 days holiday plus BH
Private medical care
Company share scheme
Plus many more great benefits!
If you are interested in this role or you would like to know more, please apply or call Antony on 0161 661 8000