We are currently looking for an experienced Senior Quantity Surveyor to start work in Salford, Manchester on a permanent basis.
Delegating to: Internal and External Staff (below) Working with:
Site Managers, Assistant Site Managers, directly employed site staff, Operations
Director, Pre-Construction/Bid Team, Commercial Team and Finance Team.
Clients, Sub-contractors, Suppliers, Customers, Utility Service Providers, Local Authority
Personnel, H&S Executive, Members of the public.
Duties and Responsibilities:
– Produce and send enquiries to subcontractors inviting them to tender and engagement with supply chain
– Receive and analyse quotations, liaising with Project Managers and Site Managers regarding price, proven history, availability etc.
– Produce and process formal subcontract documents and certify interim and final payments and final subcontract account
– Produce monthly interim valuations
– Produce contract forecast reports for internal commercial reporting ensuring information is complete and accurate
– Produce contract revenue and cash flow forecast
– Engage with supply chain, sending enquiries to material suppliers.
– Manage and process purchase orders in line with company procedures
– Contribute to and attend financial and progress meetings with the client engineers and subcontractors as required
– Provide advice and support to the site team in order to optimise the use of contract resources
– Ensure effective interaction between the commercial team and the operational site teams Supervise and mentor Quantity Surveyors and Assistant Quantity Surveyors
– Give feedback to Estimators and Contracts Managers with regard to contract pricing, projected profit/loss, pricing omissions etc
– Working with the design team to develop cost saving opportunities
– To have read, understood and comply with Company Policies and Procedures at all times.
– Fully co-operate with the Company’s Customer Care Policy.
– Fully comply with the Company’s Customer Satisfaction Policy and Procedures.
Qualifications and training
– CSCS Card
– Educated to a minimum of Degree level in Quantity Surveying and/or a construction
Qualifications and training – desirable
– Member of the RICS or other relevant professional body
– Extensive experience in commercial management and procurement of subcontractors, including chairing regular meetings, measurement and control cycle, certificates and accruals calculations
– Proven track record of leading a high quality, customer-led service
– Demonstrate competence in a technical construction discipline.
– Extensive experience in procuring external contractors and consultants.
– Extensive experience of negotiating contractual claims and variations