Are you a Supply Chain Planner looking for a role with an immediate start? Do you enjoy a busy and varied role within Supply Chain? If so I want to hear from you!!! I am currently working with a great local manufacturer offering a salary up to £28k, hybrid working, 33 days holiday plus many more benefits!
THE JOB ROLE
As the Supply Chain Planner:
- Working in a small team playing a pivotal role in the future success of the manufacturing site.
- Responsible for the management of the MRP system.
- Develop and maintain supplier relationships.
- Negotiate with suppliers on quantity and delivery times.
- Order in accordance with MRP using either forecast or customer demand from approved vendors conforming to the cost, quality and delivery requirements.
- Expedite purchase orders ensuring on time deliveries.
- Attending the Operations Daily Meeting and maintaining purchasing information.
- Maintain the purchasing aspects of the Material Requirements Planning system.
- Order consumable stock items on a weekly basis.
- Control and maintain recommended stock quantity/value by product type within areas of responsibility.
- Advise relevant departments of demand changes and compare to forecast.
- Arrange monthly meetings/conference calls with suppliers responsible for to discuss service.
EXPERIENCE / REQUIREMENTS
- Previous experience in a Supply Chain / Purchasing / Procurement role is ESSENTIAL.
- Good PC Skills including MS Excel is ESSENTIAL.
- The ability to negotiate with suppliers is essential.
- You will be working to tight deadlines therefore, you must be able to prioritise.
- The ability to communicate with all levels is essential.
- You will be hard working and committed to the role.
- A 12 month fixed term contract.
- Excellent Hours – 8.30am – 5pm.
- Hybrid working available once trained.
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays. Plus your birthday off!
- Benefits package including retailer discounts.
- Onsite parking.
- Full training and ongoing support.