Immediate Start – Permanent – Early Start – 4 on 4 off shift pattern
I am currently recruiting on behalf of a hugely successful haulage business who are looking to add an enthusiastic, motivated transport shift supervisor to their team.
They are brilliant at retaining and developing staff, largely due to the exceptional training programs, industry leading remuneration packages and fantastic progression opportunities within the business.
This role would be suitable for a transport supervisor or shift manager who has a minimum of one years experience in the industry, in a fast paced, multi-drop environment.
RESPONSIBILITIES – TRANSPORT SHIFT SUPERVISOR
- Line management of your shift, being responsible for driver conduct and performance.
- Ensure collections and deliveries are completed on time, managing any problems on the road as they occur.
- Dealing with real time customer issues and queries from our Helpdesk Team.
- Ensuring driver compliance with walk around checks and repairing minor defects.
- Monitoring driving standards
- Managing staff absence
DESIRED SKILLS – TRANSPORT SHIFT SUPERVISOR
- Excellent communication skills.
- An understanding of compliance within the transport industry.
- Ability to build positive working relations with customers, suppliers and colleagues.
- Must be IT literate (Including working knowledge of Microsoft Excel).
- The ability to working under pressure within a busy transport office.
- Experience in an operational role in a logistics or haulage business.
- A highly competitive salary.
- Vast opportunities to develop your own skills with in the business.
- Opportunities to gain industry and nationally recognised qualifications.
- The chance to work alongside industry experts.
- Company events
- Wellness programmes
- On-site parking