Proactive Personnel are currently recruiting for a Warehouse Operative on a permanent basis for a client based in Burton-on-Trent. My client is an international manufacturer of colouring powders and liquids with factories all over the world.
With the direction of the Supervisor, efficiently carries out all activities, necessary to ensure that:
- Plant is operated at the maximum efficiency, lowest costs, to the required Quality, Safety & Environmental standards and that Customer’s requirements are met
- Products are dispatched in compliance with customers’ requirements
- Plant and surrounds are maintained in conditions appropriate to a Food Processing facility
- Uphold clients Mission Statement, Quality Policy, Values and Beliefs
- Receive goods into the plant as per the good’s inwards procedure
- Despatch goods out of the plant as per the good’s outwards procedure
- Maintain excellent hygiene standards within the warehouse and in the yard area.
- Ensure stock rotation within the warehouse.
- Maintain labelling standards of goods within the warehouse
- Deal with waste collections as per the waste management system.
- Deal with empty packaging and pallet collections
- Using FLT’s and Pallet trucks to load and unload goods.
- Pallets are made up as per the customer’s orders.
- Products are despatched onto the correct vehicle.
- Conduct any multiple purpose tasks as may be required by the Site Manager
- Accept deliveries ensuring all food safety, quality and legality is maintained.
- Liaising with the buyer to ensure all packaging etc are ordered in good time
- Completion of general site tasks such as Safety Audits
- Any other tasks which are deemed appropriate for the fulfilment of requirements of this role.
- When you are fully competent at all warehouse tasks you will then be trained in our production departments
- High flexibility to deal with multiple tasks and/or changing tasks
- Computer literate
- 4 GCSE’s or equivalent Grade C or above. (Requirement for a C or above in Maths)
- Become familiar with any new technology introduced.
- FLT experience preferred but not essential.
- Involves indoor and outdoor work
- Manual handling of empty pallets
- On feet all day
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- £20,000 – £21,000pa
- Health insurance
- Income Protection
- Private health care
- Costco card
Monday – Thursday 08:00-16:30, Friday 08:00-16:00
If you feel like this is a position suited to yourself please apply or call Antony on 0161 661 8000.