Competitive, depending on experience
Full Time, Rota basis (4 on 4 off) - 7pm-7am and 7am-7pm
Manufacturing & FMCG
1st Mar 2019
Are you a skilled, motivated, experienced Shift Manager who is looking for a change? We are recruiting for a well established company who manufacture goods for large blue chip organisations in industries such as automotive, defence and aerospace.
We can guarantee excellent working conditions, a competitive salary and progression and growth within this corporate company.
If you are currently managing a team of staff, have knowledge of ISO9001, OSHA18001 and ISO14001 and are motivated, enjoy a challenge and want to work as part of a well oiled team then send your CV today for immediate response!
The Job Role:
- Is responsible and accountable for the delivery of the daily batch plan for the shift
- Is accountable for ensuring the Team Leaders and Operators have been given clear expectations on daily targets and that these targets are achieved
- Will Identify and implement improvements in equipment utilisation, energy usage, product quality and labour efficiencies to achieve Daily Flex Targets
- Will lead continuous improvement activity to improve operational efficiencies in order to deliver reductions in waste and cost
- Will deploy Maintenance Team Leaders and Shift Quality Engineer to shift priorities to ensure shift metrics are met
- Is accountable for all aspects of HSE on shift - must continuously improve safe systems of work such as accident investigation, incident reporting and risk assessments, ensuring all corrective actions are closed out in a timely manner
- Will use Process Improvement and Lean Manufacturing tools such as SPC, FMEAs, 5S and Lean Sigma structured problem solving techniques to drive improvements
- Is accountable for ensuring shift holidays and absences are managed so that the shift can function safely and efficiently and deliver the forecasted ESH
- Will implement the plant sickness and absence policies, including return to work interviews
- Disciplinary management, including investigation and delivery of appropriate disciplinary sanctions
- Will ensure that training needs are identified and that training plans are delivered to create a skill base for maximum flexibility
- Delivery of competence and training reviews to support the above
- Is responsible for adherence to the company quality policy for the shift to include management of calibration systems, non-standard event analysis, completion of audits, corrective action report completion and communication of all issues to teams
- Effectively communicate through the use of a range of reports including investigations, shift reports and assessments
- Also communicate to all levels via presentations and briefings
Experience / Requirements:
- A positive CAN DO attitude
- Strong sense of urgency
- Right to left thinking – begin with the end in mind – what do you want the end result to be?
- Excellent leadership skills - "Infront of every good team is a good leader."
- Provide the team with resources to improve
- No limits to improvement (don’t be bound by 2% QoQ) – no end become a noted authority
- Must be either of graduate calibre with management diploma and/or have equivalent experience within a management role in a unionised environment
- Must be able to demonstrate a range of leadership skills such as delegation, coaching and support while able to interpret and challenge traditional behaviours and practices
- Able to interpret high level business objectives into day-to-day plans and roll out and delegate to teams
- Able to clearly identify day-to-day priorities and create action plans to deliver
- Demonstrable skills in managing people (development and managing performance), managing information (effective budget control and communication activities), managing activities (prioritising activities, continuous improvement activities) and managing systems (including knowledge of ISO9001, OSHA18001 and ISO14001)
- Good written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels are essential
- Working knowledge of Continuous improvements methodology and appropriate coaching and teaching skills are an advantage
- A willingness to be trained to a Green Belt standard in Lean Six Sigma
- Experience preferable in an aerospace manufacturing environment
- Experience and exposure to a union environment would be advantageous
Apply Now >