Sliding Head Setter / Programmer (Star)
Temp - Perm
Full Time, Days
13th May 2019
Are you a skilled CNC Machinist / Sliding Head Programmer looking for a new opportunity? Do you want to work for a leading manufacturer in the area?
Our client is a global manufacturer and supplier of high performance fasteners, sealing, precision engineered components and pipeline packages to the world's energy markets.
The successful candidates will be working predominantly with mild steel in a fast paced environment. Company benefits include on site parking and excellent pay rates.
The Job Role:
- Managing the day-to-day production activities, focusing on driving excellence in manufacturing and best practice within the Sliding Head Department
- Ensuring that all daily production targets are met by managing changing priorities
- Ensuring product availability in order to deliver the required levels of customer service
- Liaising with tooling suppliers to ensure most cost-effective purchasing
- Conducting 5S, safety and housekeeping audits every day as per company procedure, recording results on 5S audit record as appropriate and ensuring compliance to these standards.
- Compliant with the filling in of the job traveller paperwork with each job and any other operational documentation
- Reporting data as required for operational monitoring and all aspects of production quality to positively affect the right first time performance through the department
- Positively influencing accident prevention, productivity/efficiency improvements, achieving specified quality levels and standards
- Setting and operating five Citizen Sliding Head machines – A32/L32 models
- Producing components to required tolerances and quality standards, right first time
- Finishing components to the highest quality standards
- Identifying and recommending programme amendments to improve efficiency and/or quality
- Making authorised amendments to CNC programmes to meet component design requirements
- Maintaining quality and safety standards by adhering to procedures and regulations
Experience / Requirements:
- 3 to 5 years' demonstrable experience in a similar manufacturing environment
- Extensive experience in a sliding head machining environment with knowledge of modern technology and up-to-date manufacturing techniques
- Demonstrating appropriate measurement, analysis and evaluation methods to accurately identify and document process improvements
- Possess business system, IT skills and computer skills
- Able to manufacture precision components from fully understanding engineering drawings in terms of tolerances, surface finish etc.
- A methodical and focused approach to work
- Focused on quality with high level of attention to detail
- Able to work well under pressure
- Very flexible approach to work
Apply Now >