Sliding Head Setter / Programmer (STAR)
Full Time, Days
10th Jul 2019
Are you a skilled CNC Machinist / Sliding Head Programmer looking for a new opportunity? Do you want to work for a leading manufacturer in the area?
If so, we are recruiting on behalf of our client who is an independently owned business specialising in high quality, fully traceable fasteners and components that are vital for productivity and safety/life-critical situations. Their products are renowned for reliability in demanding applications, from oil wells to nuclear submarines.
The company is offering a competitive rate of pay to the successful candidate dependent on experience and the ability to demonstrate a proven competence in the skills required.
The Job Role:
- Producing high integrity, high quality fasteners and machined components from either dimensional standards or engineering drawings
- Programming CNC sliding head lathes with Fanuc language controls
- Writing programmes from customer drawings/specifications
- Setting machines in addition to writing the programmes
- Working with all grades of material
- Running off the batches at a consistent quality
- Conducting first off quality inspection where appropriate
- Working under minimal supervision to customer driven strict deadlines
Experience / Requirements:
- Must have experience and be confident in working on Star and Citizen sliding head lathes and the ability to operate and programme these machines is essential
- Experience in working with all grades of material, carbon steel to super alloys Inconel 718
- A flexible approach is required along with the ability to work unsupervised
Apply Now >