Transport and Distribution Manager
£28000 to 30000 per annum
Full Time, 08:30 – 17:00 Monday to Friday
22nd Jan 2019
An excellent new opportunity has arisen for an experienced Transport and Distribution Manager to join an expanding Steel company in Walsall. You will be responsible for the day to day running of the warehouse and transport operations.
The Job Role:
- Meeting agreed delivery dates and quality expectations for all orders.
- Improve efficiencies in the Warehouse regarding the effective use of staff resources by liaising with the Supervisors, including overtime, warehouse space and racking.
- Managing a fleet of 5 vehicles. Including MOT’s, weekly inspections, etc.
- Operate efficient and clear systems and procedures and regularly monitor these to ensure all staff are both aware of and adhere to the standards expected.
- Overseeing all members of staff in the department
- Ensure the timely and accurate processing of all paperwork and documentation.
- Develop, organise and motivate a competent Warehouse team.
Experience / Requirements:
- This positions will suit someone with a strong character with excellent organisational skills
- Previous experience working in a similar role is essential
- The hours of work are 0830 – 1800 Monday to Friday
- This position is paying £30,000 - £35,000 per annum
Apply Now >