£25,000 - £30,000 per year
Full Time, £25,000 - £30,000 per year
4th Mar 2019
Proactive Personnel Ltd is looking to recruit an experienced Design Engineer on behalf of our client based in Burntwood. The company is a world leader within their industry and as a result of continued success are now seeking to recruit a strong and highly self-motivated engineer to complement and lead their small in house design team. This role would suit a Mechanical Design Engineer from a manufacturing background looking for a creative, dynamic role within in a specialist industry offering excellent future development opportunities.
The Job Role:
- As Design Engineer you will be involved in both new design and re-engineering of existing designs of various metal products. The ideal candidate will be very enthusiastic and have a recognised mechanical engineering qualification coupled with demonstrable experience of mechanical engineering. The chosen applicant will be joining a forward thinking market leading business with a family feel atmosphere but all the benefits of a large corporate.
- Role and Responsibilities
- Day to day 2D & 3D CAD design of machinery including assembly layouts/ drawings incl. engineering calculations for stress
- Successful completion of a design and project delivery by the design team.
- Producing detailed 2D & 3D design drawings for in house manufacture
- Completion of all procedural paperwork including material selection creation of B.O.M and support with operational manuals.
- Design for manufacturing principles
- GTD principles/ methodology
- Ensure that all products are designed to be fit-for-purpose in accordance with customer requirements, company practice and recognized engineering standards.
- Continuously strive to improve product design methods and procedures to ensure customers choose their products ahead of those offered by their competitors.
- Ensuring adherence to all company policies and prevailing business regulations.
- Ensuring customer satisfaction through your interface with them.
Experience / Requirements:
- Skills and Abilities
- A recognised qualification in mechanical engineering (or equivalent)
- At least 5 years' experience in a mechanical design engineer role with a strong understanding of manufacturing processes
- Proficient in Solidworks & AutoCad, with good experience of FEA analysis, CFD & Fluid Dynamics, HAZOP studies.
- Strong design skills of sheet metal fabricated sections
- Excellent CAD skills
- Problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills and a good team leader/ worker
- Additional skills of special interest include electrical systems and pneumatic or hydraulic controls or similar.
- Have proven and successful involvement of managing design projects of different types.
Apply Now >