£18,500 and £19,000 dependent on experience
Full Time, Monday - Friday 9am-5pm
6th Mar 2019
A new position has arisen for an experienced Desktop Technician to work for a well known company in Walsall. You will be responsible for providing end users with support and maintenance for the company’s desktop computers. This includes installing, diagnosing, upgrading, repairing and maintaining all PC hardware to ensure optimal performance. This position is a temporary to permanent role working 9am-5pm Monday - Friday on a full time basis.
The Job Role:
- Perform onsite analysis, diagnosis and resolution of desktop problems.
- Install, configure, test and maintain end user workstations including related software in order to deliver required desktop service levels as determined by the Desktop Technical Lead.
- Configuration and maintenance of mobile devices.
- Receive and respond to incoming Service Desk calls in regard to desktop problems.
- Perform move, addition and change requests as they are submitted via the Service Desk.
- Maintain the inventory of all hardware, software and peripheral equipment.
- Monitor and test fixes to ensure adequate problem resolution.
- Access software updates, driver updates and knowledge bases online to aid in problem resolution.
- Assess need for any system reconfigurations based on request trends and make recommendations.
- Liaise with third party support and hardware vendors as and when required.
- Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm, Permanent contract, up to £19,000 per annum depending on experience
Experience / Requirements:
- Previous experience in a similar role is essential
- Good technical knowledge of PC and desktop hardware is vital
- Hands on hardware troubleshooting experience would be ideal
- Extensive application support experience
Apply Now >