Full Time, Monday – Friday 9am - 5pm
Administration & Secretarial
16th Feb 2021
We are currently recruiting for an International Shipping Coordinator to join an existing team. Our client is a well established company offering exciting opportunities for candidates who are looking for long term employment. It is ESSENTIAL to have previous experience in International Shipping and Freight if you do not have this experience then your application will, unfortunately, not be considered.
The Job Role:
- To manage the shipping and documentation of orders ensuring deliveries are made and payments are received.
- To uphold the high customer service levels already in place through building excellent relationships with our customers.
- Process orders accurately, from order receipt through to delivery in line with Company processes and agreed timescales.
- Liaise with suppliers and shipping lines to ensure timely despatch to meet customer delivery deadlines.
- Generation of accurate shipping documents to include - Bills of Lading, Certificates of Origin, Veterinary Certificates, Dangerous Goods Notes
- Prepare and issue proformas direct to customer.
- Ensure that export documentation is correct and complete to ensure that orders are delivered without customs delays.
- Communicate with customers by email and phone.
- Support the Business Development team in maintaining excellent relationships with our international customer base.
- Experience with international freight
- Knowledge of export documentation/Letters of Credit/Incoterms etc
- Knowledge of export payment terms
- Highly numerate and used to working with financial records and business systems
- Able to work well under pressure and prioritise workload
- Be able to perform in a demanding and customer focused working environment
- Ability to interact successfully across cultures
- Good sense of judgement and decision making skills
- A well organised person who is confident with business administration skills
- Willing to learn, improve and adapt
- Customs and international VAT experience
- Knowledge of Preferential Trade and Origin
- IOE Qualification
Apply Now >