Full Time, Monday – Friday 6am – 2pm / 2pm – 10pm Rotating Shifts
5th Jan 2021
Proactive Personnel are pleased to be recruiting on behalf of their tier 1 JLR supplier.
The company are looking to hire on a 12 week temporary to permanent contract
The Job Role:
The role will involve the following:
Supervising, organising and controlling the activities of the personnel and workflow of the Despatch Department to achieve the daily targets and objectives determined by customer demand and company needs.
Receiving, identifying, recording, locating, controlling and monitoring all work within the department ensuring it is stored in a safe, tidy and efficient manner and issued in accordance with the shipping plan and loaded on to the collection vehicles.
You will be responsible for the following
- To ensure no material movements, of any form, take place without proper labelling being applied and the relevant stock record information being updated using the I.T. record system in place at that time.
- To co-ordinate the day to day activities of your shift personnel, being responsible, in the absence of the Despatch Manager, for the instillation of discipline insofar as it is necessary to achieve an acceptable performance. Ensure employees are Clocking In/Out correctly and they actually start work at there contracted hours. To advise the Despatch Manager of problems you encounter which you are unable to resolve in a satisfactory and amicable manner.
- To provide guidance, as required to your shift personnel that they may discharge their duties effectively and efficiently.
- To encourage the building and development of departmental team spirit and the fostering of co-operative working relationships with all other company functions and individuals in order to build and advance job satisfaction and company team spirit.
- To ensure a smooth and seamless departmental operation at all times but particularly so during times of absence of the Despatch Manager. Also to ensure minimum Overtime requirements.(Overtime must be approved prior by Despatch Manager / Logistics Manager)
- To ensure all Advice Note documentation for work you are organising is completed in a timely and controlled manner so avoiding the creation of bottlenecks and undue heavy workloads and pressure on personnel.
- To maintain, a flexible approach to your hours of work and that of the department recognising that work loads can change for a variety of reasons and that work patterns may need to change to reflect these. But maintaining cost at the minimum.
- To maintain, on an on-going basis, an accurate record of all Finished Goods Stock within the department by conducting regular perpetual inventory checks and recording the results of these via the computer system reporting any major discrepancies found, for investigation.
- To maintain all Despatch areas, both internal and external in a clean, tidy and safe, well-organised manner having due regard to Company Health & Safety requirements and provisions of the COSHH regulations.
- To assist in the Annual Stocktaking or other stock checking events as may be otherwise required from time to time.(Please Note : This IS COMPULSORY)
- To participate in training opportunities as may be identified relevant to your function and considered beneficial to the overall departmental, or your personal development.
- To comply with all the requirements and provisions, insofar as they impact on the Despatch Department, of the IATF 16949 and ISO 14001 Industry Standard.
- To ensure the mechanical equipment provided for you to perform your duties is operated safely and maintained in accordance with the manufacturers recommended maintenance schedule.
- To complete, record and maintain on a daily basis, a safety check sheet on the condition of the mechanical equipment provided and to inform your Supervisor of problems immediately these become apparent, in order that remedial action can be implemented.
Experience / Requirements:
- GCSE Maths, English plus supporting GCSE achievements
- Flt Licence Counterbalance & Reach
- Ability to build team spirit
- Good problem solving and analytical mind
- Good self-expression and communicator bother verbal and written
- Computer literate
- Desire to succeed
For information please contact:
- Matt Phelan (Partner)
- 01902 838383
Apply Now >