We are looking for a Technical Assistant / Quality Controller in Knutsford area - immediate start. This is a permanent, full time position. We are offering a competitive starting salary of £9.50-£10.50 per hour depending on experience. Working hours will be Monday to Thursday 7am-5pm and Friday 7am-12:00
Your duties will include:
- Co-ordinating all information for new product specifications and transferring data into specific customer & factory formats.
- Responsible for Technical sign off for packaging, involving checking artwork against specification through several stages.
- Maintaining and updating specifications when information is updated or when specification needs reviewing.
- Checking 'new product shelf life’ from the Laboratory and new suppliers and converting them to product specifications.
- Requesting from Raw material and packaging supplier’s specification and check all necessary information to complete customer specification.
- Collecting, managing micro and Nutritional Sampling & testing required by the company. assisting with QC checking, documentation and recording.
- Checking appearance, specification and presentation of the product.
- Product weight control.
- Label control.
- Participation in internal meetings and staff training.
- Carrying out Internal audits as part of the Technical Team as required
- Carrying out other assignments or duties as required by the department.
An ideal candidate will have:
- Degree or HND in Food Technology or equivalent experience
- Minimum of one year’s experience in a technical or quality related role.
- Experience and understanding with Supermarket Technical Libraries / Specifications
- Minimum of Level 2 HACCP
- Understanding of micro and nutritional analysis
- High level of computer literacy - Microsoft Excel/Word and Internet
- Methodical approach, be highly organised with good prioritisation skills, the ability to work to short deadlines and attention to detail. Drive, energy and enthusiasm