Import / Transport Clerk
Upto £30,000 depending on experience
Full Time, Monday-Friday
Logistics & Supply Chain
19th Feb 2021
Proactive Personnel Ltd are looking to recruit an Import / Transport Clerk for their client based in the Wirral. The company is a small business which is growing steadily and they are looking for bright, enthusiastic people to join their team.
Responsibility to ensure that "transport jobs" (deliveries, collections, transfers) are organised and coordinated in an efficient and timely manner. At the same time making sure that the required relevant documentation is in order as per the company procedures. Ensuring that 3rd party expectations are met.
Tasks include (in no particular order and not exhaustive):
- To organise collections/deliveries/transfers. Communicating with transport/forwarding/storage companies, suppliers & customers to get jobs arranged.
- Working with existing/new "logistics" companies to try to obtain the best transport rates and service levels possible.
- To input, maintain and help to manage Transport job sheet.
- Working with the Quality Department to ensure that relevant quality documentation required for transport jobs is available and in order.
- As required working in other areas of the business to ensure continuity and service levels are maintained.
- As required by the Office & Admin Manager/Directors to help and support in other tasks.
- To help maximise the companies profit.
Apply Now >