Temp - Perm
£25,000 - £28,000
Full Time, Monday to Friday
Logistics & Supply Chain
27th Apr 2021
Technical Buyer Role, FIXED TERM CONTRACT of 15 Months
Well established company in Cannock. Be part of a friendly, vibrant and busy team!
You MUST have experience in Technical Buying from a PARTS BACKGROUND.
Paying up to £28,000!
To take Category Management responsibility for the delivery of a cost effective and efficient supply of products, services and materials to the company. To develop strong relationships with Internal Stakeholder (Depots) to understand their business needs, deliver robust supply chains and raise the profile of the Procurement Team.
To drive cost down by proactive management and negotiation with suppliers, in conjunction with the Strategic Specialists and the Procurement Manager.
Working smarter with the Tactical Procurement activity to remove Non Value-Added work, improve processes and deliver a more efficient service.
To work closely with suppliers to introduce Supplier Relationship Management and deliver a ‘Best in Class’ service across categories.
- To review requisitions and challenge them where required to ensure the correct supply chain and price is being used.
- To deliver maximum value through negotiation with suppliers on purchase requisitions
- To process requisitions within the p2p guidelines and policy
- To resolve all invoice queries quickly to ensure suppliers are paid within the terms agreed
- To proactively drive down cost, improve service and deliver value across a range of categories with emphasis on Supplier Rationalisation
- Drive innovation
Supplier Relationship Management (SRM):
- Drive supplier performance with regular reviews, SLA’s, KPI’s, annual strategic meetings and a continuous improvement landscape
- Support suppliers through the Onboarding process to drive speed and efficiency and limit the use of One Time Vendors (OTV)
- To identify Key Stakeholders, work closely with them to understand their needs and agree a plan of improvement
- Develop a programme of regular communication and feedback
Data Integrity and Management:
- Continuous improvement in the maintenance of price data and the resolution of queries generated by suppliers
- Attention to detail to correctly identify and record costs and savings
- Support the annual budget process
- To liaise closely with all internal functions/stakeholders to deliver commercial value for the business in a sustainable and ethical manner consistent with the companies’ values, principles and policies
- To drive sustainability into the supply chain
- Building and maintaining excellent relationships with suppliers and internal stakeholders, where the ability to influence and change views is key to success
- Delivering cost saving targets
- Reducing supply chain costs
- Rationalisation of suppliers
- Enforcing the Group P2P Policy
- Balancing supplier lead times with the demands of the depots and ensuring continuity of supply
- Changing the personality of the business from reactive to proactive to allow time to drive commercial advantage
- Raising the profile of the Procurement Team
- Continuous improvement to remove non value-added work
- Working to strict deadlines
- Managing multiple tasks
- Good IT Skills including all Microsoft platforms
- MCIPS or working towards the qualification
- Experience working in a busy procurement environment, possibly gained over 3 years or more
- Highly developed interpersonal skills which can influence behaviour and change opinions.
- You will display skills of persuasiveness and assertiveness whilst showing sensitivity to the other person’s view.
- Ability to think and problem-solve within functional policy guidelines, and develop solutions when policies are not in place
- Excellent negotiation skills with a proven track record of delivering value
- Effective time management skills with the ability to prioritise and deliver to deadlines
- Keen attention to detail; both numerical and verbal
- A positive attitude towards change
- Be a clear communicator with good presentational skills
- A customer service mindset with a desire to continually improve the customer experience
Apply Now >