Proactive Personnel are currently recruiting for a night shift depot manager for a specialist courier company based in the Winsford area. The purpose of the position is to oversee the Night operation, responsible for ensuring the night shift is run efficiently to achieve the daily plan and delivery schedule while looking at ways to drive further efficiencies within the operation. You will also ensure the building is secure at all times and the drivers arrive and leave in a timely manner
· Ensure an accurate inventory of collected consignments is kept and collated.
· Dispatch of next day deliveries are loaded to coincide with the delivery and collection plan.
· Ensure all administrative tasks are completed to include checking the goods in, delivery manifests, log sheets in and out, filing of previous days manifests/log sheets, all keys are signed in/out. All nightly emails are sent to the team.
· All areas of the warehouse, downstairs office and outside yard are kept clean and in a safe working condition, to include safe and orderly parking of vans and any surplus pallets are disposed of.
· Where required ensure printing of labels is carried out to specification.
· To complete periodic van checks for cleanliness, and keep a log of those checked.
· To enhance the night routing of vehicles to make cost savings where appropriate.
· Ensure commitment to the smooth running of the night operation.
· All night communication is clear and concise and escalated if required to the appropriate management and team members including the garage workshop.
· Provide training on warehouse equipment where required.
Monday to Friday 20:00-05:30 (5 shifts)
28 days holiday including bank holidays
If you are interested in this role or you would like to know more please apply or call Antony on 0161 661 8000.
|Contact Name:||Antony Brown|