Electrical Maintenance Engineer
Trafford Park, Manchester
£40,000 + bonus
Full Time, Monday to Friday 08:00-16:30
Electronics, Electrical & Mechanical
15th Nov 2021
Proactive Personnel are currently recruiting on half of a global leader in their industry, they are looking for an Electrical Maintenance Engineer to join their team on a Permanent basis at their site based in Manchester, Trafford Park.
The main purpose of this position is to maintain and improve production equipment and facilities with scheduled downtime resulting in minimum disruption to production. Including the installation of new equipment and the repair of existing equipment.
- Drive & manage the engineering performance of the plant – taking the lead.
- The engineering of new equipment installations, process innovations using cap ex procedures.
- Trouble shooting and fault finding with system irregularities and failures.
- The supervision and direction of external maintenance and contract personnel.
- Daily review and monitoring of all production plant systems and operations; interaction with Plant Operators for identification of suggested system faults, and poor system performance.
- Operation of Risk Assessment & Planned Maintenance System.
- Maintenance of legally required certification for all statutory mechanical items. Maintaining certification schedule alongside and supporting surveyors in their duties.
- Helping to lead the Continuous Improvement Projects.
- Maintaining a safe and healthy working environment and leading the safety management programmes, including work with the location’s safety teams and committee.
- Budget costs control and development of best value practice for daily maintenance operations.
- Support environmental compliance including implementation and maintenance of Environmental Management Systems.
- Ensures that the facility is maintained and improved as required, including general appearance and routine maintenance.
- Work with the Plant Manager to ensure that GMP, Security Systems, BRC Standard and Preventative Maintenance Standards are met.
- Manage statutory inspections, liaise with insurance companies and other duties in this area.
- Train associates on use of newly installed equipment where required
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Experience in technical electrical instrument engineering function
- Minimum of recognised time served industrial apprenticeship & 5+ years in industrial electrical instrument role (4-20mA control, SCADA / DCS systems, 3 phase motors + controls etc.)
- Maintain instrumentation, PLCs, and control systems using schematics and logic drawings
- 24V control systems 4-20mA and 110V control circuits
- Fault finding on industrial electrical systems
- Lead engineering tasks on plant
- Some experience of working with high temperature steam (7 bar, 170°c)
- Some experience of working with industrial chemicals – caustic, ammonia etc. (20 tonne tanks etc.)
- Ability to make decisions effectively.
- Communication skills required for project management success.
- Can work independently and support external contractors
- High flexibility to deal with multiple tasks and/or changing tasks
- Flexible: site operators with scheduled downtime but flexibility to work later / weekends if the job dictates – this will not be regular. Job is predominantly a day role 0800-1630 5 days.
- Cross skill across all work types on the plant – mechanical etc.
- Problem solving skills
- Work effectively in a small team: Only 1 mechanical and 1 electrical trade on site + 6 manufacturing operators.
26 days holiday plus bank holidays
Private medical and dental care
Plus many more great benefits!
If you are interested in this role or you would like to know more, please apply or call Antony on 0161 661 8000
Apply Now >