Proactive Personnel are currently recruiting for a Procurement Director on behalf of a UK market leading company. This is a new position due to their continued success and this person will pivotal to the company and their growth plans.
The Procurement Director has overall responsible for identifying and procuring the goods required by both the manufacturing and distribution companies with the group. They will need to develop dependable supply sources both foreign and domestic, ensuring product and services are within budget and provide the company the ability to service internal and external requirements. Liaise daily/weekly with high spend suppliers to ensure supplies are in line with LTA. Manage shipping agents and importers to ensure effective delivery of product to all sites. Constant evaluation of the supply chain is required.
Key Responsibilities & Duties
• Maintain and further develop the supply chain to service the manufacturing and distribution companies within the group.
• Develop and review a list of approved key suppliers
• Build long term pricing and delivery agreements with key suppliers
• Negotiate with all suppliers to get the best pricing, payment and delivery options
• Manage supplier performance with a set of agreed KPIs
• Set up favourable purchasing agreements
• Assist all departments with maintaining agreed inventory levels of materials
• Monitor and reduce the supply chain
• Liaise with importers to ensure that goods are delivered on time.
• Annual reductions in spend
• Report monthly on all Purchasing KPI metrics
• Liaise with other Company departments as required
• Provide leadership to employees under their control and develop direct reports to deliver agreed targets
• Complete regular performance reviews, manage attendance, holidays and disciplinary issues as appropriate
• Work within the Company Guidelines at all time
• Ensure all Environmental, Health and Safety procedures are adhered to at all times
If you feel like this position is for you or you would like to know more please apply or call Antony on 0161 661 8000.
|Contact Name:||Antony Brown|