Proactive Personnel are currently recruiting for a successful international company that manufactures and supplies fencing products worldwide. They are looking for a Depot Manager for their busiest branch based in Croydon. This will be a challenging but rewarding role as the company is currently driving their business forward due to its growth plans.
The Depot Manager has full accountability for a Distribution Depot within the companies UK network of facilities. This will include the control of all stocking and staffing levels. Depot Manager will co-ordinate with other stakeholders such as Stock Control, Transport Planning and internal transport in order to achieve a service level that exceeds customer expectations for product delivery, quality and cost by maximising efficiency and driving operational excellence whilst ensuring the facility, within the required Health, Safety and Environmental legislations. Close control of headcounts and product quality are fundamental to the role.
Key Responsibilities & Duties
• Implement best practice throughout the depot in order to aid and improve business performance
• Manage distribution schedules along with Stock Control and Transport Planning
• Meet customer delivery requirements on time and within required company and customer quality and cost expectations
• Work closely with Stock Control to ensure all products are adequately stocked to minimise out of stock situations
• Work closely with Transport to manage the local fleet of depot vehicles effectively
• Drive Key Performance Indicators throughout the distribution depot
• Monitor capacity requirements and staff accordingly.
• Liaise with other Company departments as required to push forward a Continuous Improvement ethos throughout
• Compile weekly/monthly data as required
• Provide leadership to departments under their control and develop direct reports to deliver agreed targets
• Complete regular performance reviews, manage attendance, holidays and disciplinary issues as appropriate
• Work within the Company Guidelines at all time
• Ensure all Environmental, Health and Safety procedures are adhered to at all times
Monday – Friday 08:00-17:00
Salary negotiable DOE – circa £40k
28 days holiday including bank holidays
Clear progression path
If you feel like this position is for you or you would like to know more, please apply or call Antony on 0161 661 8000.
|Contact Name:||Antony Brown|